Reflecting Character in the Kingdom-2

  1. Character is the very essence of God. He is the same yesterday today and forever. Am I? 
  2. God boasts that He never changes. That is why we can trust Him. He is stable. He says heaven and earth may pass away but His word will never pass away. He would sacrifice the universe before breaking His word.
    • A good man swears to his own hurt.
    • The first thing God gave man was not dominion but image. Character is more important than power. Do you have the character to contain the anointing of God? Power will kill you without character. God's priority is Character. Character is necessary before dominion. God is more concerned about my character than my dominating the earth. Character is God's prerequisite for dominion and ruler-ship. Character is God's foundation for Leadership.
  • Three things will test your character:
    1. Power;
    2. Money;
    3. Access to Sex.
    • Given any or all of the above, a person's character or lack of it manifests.
  • Am I gonna make it to the End? The race is not to the swift... it is to the one who endures to the end. Will I still be around, 10 years from now? Will I still be the same person? Will I outlive every storm and hurricane? Will I be still standing, when every temptation has passed?
  • The only way to test character is by temptation. 
    • Temper is to test for weakness. You will never have a time in your life when you are without temptation. Temptation will constantly be in my life to monitor my character.
    • Your character is as strong as the temptation you fall for.
    • Eve wanted to be like God i.e. Power.
    • Satan will only test you with what you already are. So the greatest danger is ignorance of self. You cannot tempt me to be what I know I already am.
    • Ignorance will make you disbelieve yourself.
  • God gave character before power.
    • I am a king just like my Father. My territory is on earth. God knew that without character the power will 
    • Power does not corrupt. Power simply reveals corruption. You were already defective. You finally got a chance to show it. Power is pure
  • The fall of man distorted the Image of God. Man became a defective character. His self worth fell. He didn't know what he was worth anymore.
  • The principle trait of fallen man is unpredictability.
    • You cannot predict a sinner. You don't know what he gonna do next.
  • I am gonna get rid of things that can destroy my character. 
  • All I have built could be destroyed in 5 seconds.
  • I am as safe as my character!
  • Morality is a product of my values. Morals inform ethics.
  • You don't lead out of your position. You lead out of your life.

Source of Values

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured post

The Power of Kingdom Faith