Understanding the Power of Fasting

The Kingdom Key to Power in Prayer
  • Fasting is a command of Jesus. He Himself found it necessary to fast. Fasting is a scriptural mandate.
  • Fasting is both personal and corporate

Call for Consecration: Biblical Fasting Keys
Joel 2:5-12
Blow the trumpet in Zion, declare a holy fast, call a sacred assembly. Gather the people, consecrate the assembly; bring together the elders, gather the children, those nursing at the breast. Let the bridegroom leave his room and the bride her chamber. Let the priests, who minister before the LORD, weep between the portico and the altar.

Psalm 109:4-5
In return for my friendship they accuse me, but I am a man of prayer. They repay me evil for good, and hatred for my friendship.

Psalm 109:21-22, 24, 26-28, 30-31
But you Sovereign LORD, help me for Your Name's sake; out of the goodness of Your love, deliver me. For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me. 

My knees give way from fasting; my body is thin and gaunt.

Help me, LORD my God; save me according to Your unfailing love. Let them know that it is Your hand, that you, LORD, have done it. While they curse, may You bless; may those who attack me be put to shame, but may Your servant rejoice.

With my mouth I will greatly extol the LORD; in the great throng of worshipers I will praise Him. For He stands at the right hand of the needy, to save their lives from those who wound condemn them.

  • Jeremiah 36:9
  • Daniel 9:2-3
  • Isaiah 58:3-4
    • God knows if you're serious...
    • Don't use the fast as a tool of manipulation or towards selfish gain
    • Don't use this as a means of competition and try to appear better than others.
    • Fasting is also the attitude you have.

The Importance of Fasting
  • Mark 2:19-20
  • Acts 13:1-2
    • It was in the midst of a fast that Paul's ministry was born.
    • The voice of God becomes clearer.
  • Acts 14:22-24


What is Fasting

  • The willful abstaining from natural pleasures for a spiritual purpose.
  • A personal commitment to renounce the natural to invoke the spiritual.
  • Dedication to a period of time to devout oneself to spiritual priority of prayer without food.

Requirements of Fasting
  • Fasting is not just missing a meal

Effects of Fasting
  • Fasting changes us
  • Fasting does move God
  • Fasting increases our spiritual capacity
  • Fasting breaks habits and spiritual bondage
  • Fasting quiets the heart to hear God's voice
  • Fasting brings Godly intimacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Featured post

The Power of Kingdom Faith